班級： 姓名： 座號：
BOOK 1 LESSON 5~6
PART A 文意字彙 50%
1. We were twenty minutes late because of the t__________c jam.
2. An actor was standing in the middle of the ________.
3. The lecture ________ was filled with people.
4. Highway 35 is a ________ highway, with two lanes on each side.
5. They stared at each other in _______(silent).
6. Tina ________ at her brother angrily because he had been using the telephone for an hour.
7. The speaker gave a nervous ________ before starting her talk.
8. We couldn't get train tickets to Hualian, so we went by plane ________.
9. When she heard the sad news, her smile was ________ by tears.
10. Did they report the ________ to the police?
11. Fluent English has become an i__________ly important requirement in job applications.
12. I have never been in a dangerous driving s_______n before.
13. It seems that animals cannot recognize their own mirror i___________es.
14. She tried to s_______l a CD from the store, and got caught.
15. You never r_______lied to any of my letters.
16. Lack of ___________ (communicate) may lead to misunderstandings between parents and children.
17. He looks _______(ridicule) with his hair dyed green and purple.
18. Some signs are i_______l because they can be seen in almost every country.
19. My uncle is a successful wine m_____t, who owns several chain wine stores.
20. Philip was so cold that his hands were s_______king.
21. I made you some tea. What ________ can I do for you?
22. Look both ways before you walk ________ the street.
23. Nancy leaned over and ________ (something) in my ear.
24. Why didn't you ________ to my letter?
25. All the students fell ________ when the teacher appeared.
26.( ) Don't _______ sorry. It's all my fault.
(A) speak (B) tell (C) say (D) talk
27.( ) After so many years, I came to realize _____ unpredictable life is.
(A) what (B) that (C) so (D) how
28.( ) The host cleared his throat ____ say something. . (複選)
(A) as if he was (B) if he was going to (C) as if he is to (D) as if to
29.( ) Diligence is important in learning. But ______ more important _______ efficient learning methods.
(A) even; are (B) even; is (C) even if; are (D) even if; is
30.( ) We couldn't decide ____________________. (Choose the WRONG one)
(A) whether we should go or not
(B) which way would we go
(C) what present we would buy for Dad
(D) where to place the vase
31.( ) ____ I wings, I could fly freely like a bird.
(A) Had (B) Were (C) If had (D) If were
32.( ) _____ a fantastic show it is!
(A) How (B) What (C) Where (D) Why
33.( ) I _______ think of my happy childhood when I saw the photograph.
(A) couldn't help but (B) should not have
(C) supposed to (D) couldn't let you
34.( ) Some of us, ___________ Laura, thought that the new rule was not reasonable.
(A) included (B) including (C) inclusive (D) include
35.( ) There are many situations _____________ symbols cannot take the place of language.
(A) which (B) that (C) in which (D) in that
36.( ) How _____ she react if she were told the secret?
(A) did (B) does (C) will (D) would
37.( ) Lily was disappointed because a lot of people _________ to the party could not come.
(A) invited (B) who invited (C) inviting (D) had invited
38.( ) ______ time went by, she wrote more and more popular songs.
(A) With (B) As (C) Upon (D) Through
39.( ) Buying things online can save you time _______ money.
(A) for example (B) as well as (C) about to (D) very often
40.( ) The salesperson went _____________ to sell the pot.
(A) from doors to doors (B)from one door to others (C) from a door to a door (D)from door to door
41.( ) _______ what to do, the boy felt bored.
(A) He knew (B) Not knowing (C) To know D) Not to know
42.( ) If I ____ a dog, I would hate to be dyed pink.
(A) have (B) were (C) am (D) had
43.( ) I enjoyed my trip to London, _______ the bad weather.
(A) except for (B) even if (C) as well (D) not yet
44.( ) I opened the box and a mouse _______.
(A) let in (B) sounded like (C) played for (D) jumped out
45.( ) It seldom snows here , _______ ______?
(A) does it (B) doesn't it (C) is it (D) isn't it
46.( ) _____all her shopping, she went for a cup of coffee.
(A) Having done (B) Having doing (C) Being done (D) Done
47.( ) International signs like these are indeed a _______ travelers.
(A) necessary to (B) symbol of (C) new use for (D) great help to
48.( ) I hope you get the job; I'll _______ for you.
(A) raise my hands (B) cross my fingers
(C) shuffle my feet (D) blow my nose
49.( ) Let's stop chatting and _______ our work; we need to finish it today.
(A) be ready on (B) know how to (C) get on with (D) about to be
50.( ) You are _______ keep your room clean; look at this mess!
(A) supposed to (B) ought to (C) have to (D) shouted to
- Feb 03 Tue 2009 20:47
班級： 姓名： 座號：