BOOK 1 LESSON 1~2
PART A 文意字彙 50%
1. What is your favorite t e of movie?
2. Mr. Taylor is my next-door n r.
3. What's your secret to a happy m e?
4. The young boys shouted with e t when they saw the superstar.
5. His love for her soon f d away.
6. As u l, she didn't answer my letter.
7. I am c n that you'll find this website useful.
8. We put many d s on the Christmas tree.
9. Your income d s on how much work you do.
10. Rachel believes in God, but Charles does not have a r_______s belief.
11. Father sat down on the sofa and r for a cup of tea.
12. We spent two weeks ________ (explore) the east coast of Taiwan.
13. As the sun set, the s of the building became longer.
14. Mr. Richards is a good teacher and we have no d_______ts about his ability to teach.
15. If you want to ask the teacher a question, just r_______e your hand.
16. She has every r_______n to be excited; she's going to a new school.
17. In some c_______es, it is not polite to ask people their age.
18. It was midnight and a full moon was s_______ning brightly in the sky.
19. Many old people in this town still follow a t_______l way of life.
20. Professor Clark is very s_______n so his students are afraid to talk in his class.
21. Sally r_______ed many cards and presents on her birthday.
22. She m_______ried her first husband when she was nineteen years old.
23. I let go of the balloon and watched it r_______e up into the sky.
24. We had a c_______n at our house when Susan and Derek brought their new baby back from the hospital.
25. A person over the age of eighteen should act like an a_______t.
PART B 30%
26.( ) _______ I had enough money to buy an expensive car, I don't have anywhere to park it.
(A) With that in mind (B) Feel good about myself (C) I'll bet (D) Even if
27.( ) The teacher _______ the graded test papers to the students.
(A) was held (B) gave birth (C) handed out (D) put on
28.( ) Maggie and her new boyfriend have a lot _______: that's why they are together.
(A) as important (B) in common (C) of problems (D) by tradition
29.( ) I don't know _______ how many people will come, but I know it's a lot.
(A) from now on (B) no doubt (C) all over (D) for sure
30.( ) _______, I'm going to avoid junk food and just eat healthy food.
(A) At the same time (B) From now on
(C) Here I am (D) Make up my mind
31.( ) It's not a real cigar; it's _______ chocolate.
(A) born from (B) made of (C) dressed in (D) put on
32.( ) Donna _______ a lot _______ with her boyfriend.
(A) dress . . . in (B) wrap . . . up
(C) turn . . . off (D) has . . . in common
33.( ) I can see you like her, so _______ invite her to a movie?
(A) why not (B) even if (C) most of all (D) I'll bet
34.( ) My father wants me to be successful in life, but _______, he wants me to be happy.
(A) was close to me (B) keeps coming up (C) most of all (D) it is time for
35.( ) Some students think college life will be a _______ and they can just have fun for four years.
(A) bowl of rice (B) bed of roses
(C) bag of sugar (D) bottle of beer
36.( ) When his son was born, he _______ cigars to all his friends.
(A) gave in (B) chose from (C) handed out (D) put out
37.( ) We all hope you will _______ at your new school.
(A) leave something behind (B) get off to a good start
(C) come down with it (D) with that in mind
38.( ) The doctors will not know _______ what is wrong with Billy until they do more tests.
(A) no doubt (B) for sure (C) left his troubles behind (D) why not
39.( ) I was _______ sit down and have my dinner when the doorbell rang.
(A) getting off to a good start (B) about to
(C) a bed of roses (D) left it behind
40.( ) Mr. Williams' _______ is Craig.
(A) punctuation (B) first name
(C) sentence fragment (D) last name
Part C The wonders of DNA 20%
1. This will them to find ways to problems in people’s DNA.
2. Sometimes there can be a problem with a few of when DNA copies itself, and a “ “ occurs.
3.Scientists have only been able to the DNA .
4. These chemicals up a map of our bodies and who we are.
5.Although most people’s DNA is , there are small .
6.Each holds in the of chemicals.